Ry
Hey, everyone! I'm so glad that this blog is receiving such a warm reception. Maybe it was due to the "Warm Tingles Tea" haha! Oh that was too corny, even for me. Anyway, today I found a fantastic herb that is used in the treatment of migraines. I know many people who suffer from these buggers, and while I've been lucky enough to not have any issues with migraines, I hear that they are rather debilitating. I created this blend that contains natural antihistamines and that also has a natural muscle relaxer.

Migraine, Migraine, Go Away
migraine, migraine, go away
don't come back or you'll sure pay,
because I drink my poeteas
that let me live my life at ease.

Ingredients for an 8fl oz cup of tea:

1 tsp dried Feverfew leaves
1 tsp dried Chamomile flowers

Directions:
1. Add Feverfew leaves to boiling water for 8 mins.
2. Place Chamomile flowers into water after it reaches a boil
3. Let Chamomile flowers boil for 30 seconds.
4. Remove from heat and add let stand for 1 minute.
5. Remove ingredients (straining works best)

Warning: Don't use Feverfew or Chamomile if you are pregnant, breat-feeding, or are taking blood-thinning medications. Feverfew also is an herb that should be taken regularly. If you abruptly stop taking Feverfew after regular use you could suffer from "post feverfew syndrome" which will result in stiff joints and muscle pain. So if you try this tea for a while and then would like to stop, gradually stop taking it. As always, make sure you don't develop skin rashes from the tea, as certain people are sensitive to herbal treatments. Avoid Chamomile if you have asthma or allergic dermatitis.


So that is the simple blend that should take care of your migraines and take the edge off of the stress associated with them!

Cheers,
-Ryan
0 Responses